PCGS 10c 1964 Roosevelt Dime 2-Coin Mated Pair MS-65

SOLD

1964 (2) coin set of Roosevelt dimes which are together a mated pair. One coin is double-struck with the 2nd strike 60% off-center with two "1964" dates, and the other coin has a 40% brockage with a crisp, clear brockage of the design into the coin's surfaces. Silver mated pair sets of Roosevelt dimes are rare, with perhaps half a dozen or so known.

Although one coin is "UNC" details due to a small, toned scratch on the reverse, it would grade MS-65 if it wasn't for the scratch. Additionally, we've sold similar sets with worse scratches that did not get the "UNC details" grade, and this is because small scratches are very common on errors like this because the coins often got caught in counting machines, and so the grading services often will overlook them. In our opinion the scratch is not a problem.

PCGS MS-65 on one coin, and UNC details (small scratch reverse), with the coin grading MS-65 if it wasn't for the scratch. Beautifully toned set, and with tremendous eye-appeal!

Quantity

0

$3,250.00